He commented about it track:
I often see the recording process as an experiment as to how much of a band sound I can create on my own. It still really excites me to produce something that sounds larger than my little recording studio, so even when I could hire musicians to come in and play parts, to me there’s something magic about doing it all by myself with my sometimes mediocre skills on some of the instruments I record. ‘Echoes’ is a good example, as I wanted to create a really rich and lush production, a ‘disco orchestra’ kind of sound, with lots of layers of sound.
Something I did on Echoes, which I haven’t done for quite a long time, was to have a musical and lyrical resolution as a second part of the track, that works as a reply to the beginning. While the first half is about being worried about never being able to forget a person that was important to you, the second half is about coming to terms with the fact that you’ve made these memories, knowing you can always slip into your memory to dive back into those feelings you once had. It builds into a very nostalgic and euphoric moment and turns dealing with the past into something positive and ecstatic.
You can listen it below.
Roosevelt has also announced a run of European headline dates for 2021, including stops in Dublin, Manchester and London (tickets here). Full dates can be found below
Roosevelt 2021 Tour Dates
- 07.03.21 IRL Dublin – Button Factory
- 08.03.21 UK Manchester – Gorilla
- 10.03.21 UK London – Electric Ballroom
- 11.03.21 FR Paris – La Maroquinerie
- 12.03.21 BE Brussels – Botanique
- 14.03.21 NL Amsterdam – Melkweg
- 15.03.21 DE Hamburg – Grünspan
- 17.03.21 DE Berlin – Huxleys
- 18.03.21 DE Cologne – Carlswerk
- 19.03.21 DE Frankfurt – Zoom
- 20.03.21 DE Stuttgart – Wizemann
- 23.03.21 ES Barcelona – Razz 2
- 24.03.21 ES Madrid – BUT
- 29.03.21 AT Vienna – Grelle Forelle
- 30.03.21 CH Zurich – Plaza
- 31.03.21 DE Munich – Backstage
Latest, Roosevelt released a single called Sign after three years of break on June. You can listen it below.